- School age
Arts Award at Home
At Culture Coventry they have created an Arts Award Discover at Home programme of children aged 5-11.
This is an nationally recognised qualification for children and young people and is manged by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England. This offers a flexible framework for art and culture activities as well as providing motivation and recognition for young peoples achievements.
The aim of the programme is to:
- Make learning about art fun and engaging
- Give a new way to discover about art as a family
- Support you to create and complete an art based project
- Help your children achieve nationally recognised qualification
Until March 2021 Herbert Art & Museum will cover the costs of moderation and certificates to help bridge the gap of cultural activity for children.
What does it involve?
To achieve the Arts Award Discover, there are three parts of the project to complete:
- Part A: Children discover the arts around them.
- Part B: Children find out about artists and their work.
- Part C: Children share their experiences with others.
To find out more about is fantastic project visit The Herbert Art Gallery & Museum website.