- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
During the October half-term, eight massive, mischievous monsters will be descending on Coventry and taking over rooftops in the city centre!
Date: 24 October 2020 - 31 October 2020
The monsters were designed by artists, Filthy Luker and Pedro Estrellas, and form part of a public art trail in the city to mark the Halloween period and encourage residents to rediscover their Coventry. With the monsters set to be around all week, there’s plenty of time to take part in the trail too.
Coventry City Centre Monster Trail
This imaginative and colourful trail is completely free of charge, and families are encouraged to take on the role of ‘Monster Detectives’. Their job is to search the city centre to see if they can find all the mischievous brutes, give them names and, if the detectives are brave enough, even take photos with the monsters.
‘Monster Detectives’ are welcome to come and follow the trail anytime throughout the day and evening. Some of the monsters will be illuminated, so they’re always visible, which will give families more opportunity to take part in this spooky experience. Monster Detectives can download the Monster Trail map to help them on their mission!
- Belgrade Theatre
- Cathedral Lanes
- Coventry Caribbean Centre
- Coventry University
- Fargo Village
- Hertford House
- Transport Museum
We want to hear the best and most creative names for the monsters so share your maps with us by tagging @visitcoventry and @coventrycc on social media and using the #Covmonsters
Monsters and COVID-19
To help protect yourself, your family and others, and support the work of our health and care professionals, we ask that anyone taking part in the trail follow some simple steps while in public. These include:
- Follow social distancing rules
- Wash your hands regularly and use tissues when you cough or sneeze
- Know what to do if you have symptoms
- Follow the advice to self-isolate
- Wear a face covering when in a confined indoor space including wearing a face covering and maintaining a two-metre distance from anyone not in their household.
- Many Coventry businesses have been adapting their facilities to ensure that they can be used safely, and visitors must follow any instructions given to them when inside a building or facility.
Please be aware that this event might have to be cancelled at short notice as we comply with changes to national guidance. If this event is cancelled, we will let you know both on this website and on our social media platforms.
Huge thanks to Coventry City Council, Visit Coventry, and all the organisers for this fantastic event!