The Reel StorePlaces to Visit
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
The Reel Store, the UK’s first permanent immersive digital art gallery, opened in the centre of Coventry in May 2022!
The Reel Store | Immersive Digital Art Gallery in Coventry
Housed in the old reel store at the former home of the Coventry Evening Telegraph newspaper, a space that once held the rolls of paper that the city’s stories were printed on is getting ready to host world renowned artists at a whole new scale.
- Suitable for all the family
- Tickets are available from £5
- Book tickets via thereelstore.co.uk
Machine Memoirs: Space
This opening exhibition is by internationally acclaimed artist Refik Anadol.
Two million images of the deepest regions of outer space, captured by NASA and the International Space Station, have been transformed through AI into an immersive cinematic experience of rich and futuristic visuals accompanied by 3D audio. Refik Anadol is a pioneer in the aesthetics of data and machine intelligence, using cutting-edge technology and big data advancements to creatively speak to the most pressing challenges of our time, and what it means to be a human in the age of machines.
This truly is for everyone! Expect a 360-degree experience, suitable for the whole family, with an awe-inspiring display that captures the beauty and spectacle of space in waves of colour and light. Whether you have an interest in space, are looking to have fun with friends, or want to grab the most instagrammable pictures in the galaxy, this is an exhibition not to be missed.
How to find The Reel Store Coventry
The Reel Store is set within the Telegraph Hotel in Coventry City Centre. It is easy to reach, just a few minutes' walk from Coventry City Centre and accessible by train, bike, bus, or car.
- By train - Coventry is on the West Coast Main Line with regular services linking with major UK towns and cities, with London under an hour away when travelling with Avanti West Coast.
- Going green - West Midlands Cycle Hire provides a fun, healthy and sustainable way to explore the city with bikes available to hire 24hrs a day and there are multiple docking stations within a short walk of The Reel Store
- By Car - you can hop off major motorways and find plenty of parking nearby, with the gallery starting from a 2-minute walk away.
|Wednesday||12:00 - 19:00|
|Thursday||12:00 - 19:00|
|Friday||12:00 - 21:00|
|Saturday||12:00 - 21:00|
|Sunday||12:00 - 19:00|