Make And Play Engineers - Material MattersEvents
10:30 - 12:30
14:00 - 16:00
10:30 - 12:30
14:00 - 16:00 View all
- Under 5s
- School age
Make And Play Engineers - Material Matters And Outrageous Oobleck Too
Materials matter when inventing. Discover characteristics of different materials in fun and experimental ways. Then, make your own outrageous oobleck, and take it home to keep playing.
Ages 4 – 7, but all are welcome
Location: Learning Pods and Future Technology
- 24 October 2020 10.30am – 12.30pm
- 24 October 2020 2.00pm – 4.00pm
- 28 October 2020 10.30am – 12.30pm
- 28 October 2020 2.00pm – 4.00pm
£6.43 per child including one accompanying adult
What children will need to bring:
- One very supportive grown-up to be them throughout their engineering adventure. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed.
What we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! The use of real tools to take apart real things.
- Permission to destroy! We let you break things AND not be told off*.
- Fun! A game of 'Randomly pick a challenge card of things you can make’ in case you are stuck for inspiration.
- Expertise! Our Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering and will happily offer support when needed.
See here for more information about the entrance prices and facilities at Coventry Transport Museum.