Easter Activities to do at Home
Easter is a great excuse for spending quality time with the family. So we thought we would put together a list of fun Easter themed activities to do at home and in the garden!
Easter Activities To Do At Home
- Paint your own Easter Eggs. Get some great ideas here!
- Create an Easter Scavenger Hunt (indoors or outdoors) - you can mix up the prizes by adding stickers, hair clips, bits of Lego...
- Make a simple Easter Bonnet. Hobbycraft have a great guide here!
- Make an Easter tree using twigs and paint
- Watch Easter films. We love Peter Rabbit and Hop!
- Plant flowers in the garden or in a planter
- Brighten someone's day with an Easter Card!
- Let the kids make dinner - yum!
- Read Easter themed books. Our favourite is We're Going on an Egg Hunt.
- Wear bunny ears all day!
- There are lots of lovely ideas here.
- Have a go at Easter themed face painting.
- Hit the dance floor (kitchen floor!) and enjoy a Family Rave
- Create a fairy garden
- Make slime and put into plastic Easter eggs. We love the recipes by littlebinsforlittlehands.
- Blow bubbles in the garden.
- Make a butterfly feeder. For inspiration check out this video from ZSL.
- Draw Easter egg designs on the pavement or patio
- Bird watch in the garden and draw what you have found.
- Make an Easter basket. There are lots of fun ideas here.
- Draw or paint pictures of spring flowers.
- Make Mini Egg chocolate cornflake nests - yum!
- Build a bird house. This one is super simple and perfect for kids.
- Have your own afternoon tea.
- Paint rocks to look like Easter eggs!
- Have a picnic in the garden.
- Have a pyjama or onesie day.
- Bake and decorate Easter themed biscuits. These ones look great!
We hope this gives you some inspiration and that you have a brilliant Easter!
If you're planning on a local walk or park visit, you can find lots of inspiration on Coventry Rocks!