English in the Primary School is a Family Learning course for parents/carers with children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1, Year 2 or Year 3.
This FREE course is hosted by Coventry City Council and is designed to promote strong positive relationships within families, enabling parents and carers to support their children's' learning and development.
In the course we will:
- Find out how your children are taught to read in school
- Learn phonics words and phrases your children use in school, such as ‘blending’ and ‘CVC’
- Look at other areas of the curriculum such as grammar, punctuation, spelling and handwriting
- Give you free resources and suggestions of games /apps your children can play
Where: There are 2 English courses this Spring Term:
- An online course to download and watch wherever and whenever suits you
- A live, interactive online course delivered by a tutor 9.30am on Thursdays
When: Week beginning 11/1/21, lasting for 10 weeks. You can join up until week 3 of the course.
Price: The course is completely FREE.
How: Head to the website and search for ‘Family Learning'.
To find out more contact:
You can join up until week 3 of the course.