Herbert Art Gallery & MuseumAttractions
- All The Family
- Under 5s
- School Age
*** COVID-19 UPDATE ***
Herbert Art Gallery & Museum will be reopening on 3rd August.
In line with government guidance, Herbert Art Gallery & Museum have made some changes to operations to ensure visitors and staff are safe. Further information on these measures can be found here.
Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
Located in the heart of Coventry city centre, next to the historic Cathedral, the Herbert is the perfect place to learn more about the history of Coventry and immerse yourself in some art and culture.
- Investigate the natural world, modern art, and the Old Masters.
- Wander through dazzling interactive displays and enjoy the latest exhibitions while admiring the building’s unique architecture.
- Gain a fresh perspective on the legend of Lady Godiva, discover your ancestors’ history in the Coventry Archives, and explore British & European paintings from the 1500s onwards.
- The permanent galleries range from the Visual Arts, to Social and Industrial History, Archaeology and Natural History, there is something for every visitor.
- The Herbert is also home to Coventry Archives, the city’s destination for historical documents, photographs, maps and archival materials.
- You can also book special tours of the Old Grammar School and Medieval Undercroft should you wish to explore Coventry’s rich history further.
As well as the art gallery’s ever-changing displays which are often created in partnership with national museums, the Herbert offers a wide range of detailed talks, fantastic events and inventive workshops for adults and families. The Herbert Art Gallery encourages creativity, exploration and fun.
Facilities at Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
The in-house Cafe is the perfect place to recharge, and treat yourself and the family to an array of delicious food and beverages.
The Cafe venue opening times are:
Monday - Saturday, 10am - 4pm
Sunday, 12pm - 4pm
The Cafe bar is open from 8am on weekdays for takeaway coffee.
The shop is a great place to browse and collect souvenir trinkets and gifts. The stock changes alongside the temporary exhibitions, so make sure you pay a visit with each new exhibition.
Toilets and Baby Change
There are accessible toilets on both ground and first floors.
Baby-change facilities are on the ground floor. The Herbert is proud to be breastfeeding friendly.
Parking at Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
There is Pay & Display parking available within walking distance. For directions use the postcode CV1 5QP.