Elkin WoodParks & Walks
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Elkin Wood is a small but beautiful woodland near Corley Moor in Coventry. It's perfect for dog walkers and families looking for somewhere new to explore.
Elkin Wood in Coventry
Managed by The Woodland Trust, it is a Planted Ancient Woodland Site (PAWS) and exhibits a bluebell display in Spring that is one of the finest locally. There are a couple of circular paths through the woodland, with lovely views at the perimeter.
Things to do at Elkin Wood
- Go on a Nature Scavenger Hunt! There are some great ideas here.
- Watch out for wildlife - you'll hear a variety of birds and see squirrels in the trees.
- It's a brilliant place for dogs to explore.
- Hunt for minibeasts! We love this printable from The Woodland Trust.
- If you're lucky you will find some dens which have been built - or why not build your own!
The paths are well maintained, and in dry weather it is pushchair friendly. In wetter weather it can get a little muddy under foot.
Elkin Wood - Parking
There is a small single layby on Clay Lane, just by the entrance to Elkin Wood. Please park responsibly as this is a narrow country lane.
We aim to keep the information on Coventry Rocks accurate but if you have noticed an error please let us knowSuggest an edit