Hermit's Hollow Play Park | Coombe AbbeyParks & Walks
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Introducing Hermit’s Hollow, Coombe Abbey’s brand-new play park in Coventry! Now open!
Hermit's Hollow Play Park | Coombe Abbey
- Opening Hours: Open every day 10am - 6pm
- Location: Coombe Country Park, Binley, CV3 2AB
- Suitable for: All children are welcome from toddlers to teens
- Price: £3.95 for a two hour play session (adults and Under 2's go free)
- Booking: Book tickets online
Inspired by it's natural setting, Hermit's Hollow is the perfect outdoor play space for your little ones to explore. It offers a wide variety of adventure play features incorporated into the play structures, allowing visitors young and old to navigate the Hollow’s various bridges, walkways, ramps and tunnels.
Let the kids loose to find Hermit’s talking tube and send secret messages to friends, clamber high amongst the treetops on the upper level of the Canopy Spire or whizz back to the ground on the spiralling tube slide or the accessible-to-all companion slide.
Toddlers have their own mini-adventure to enjoy and accompanying adults or caregivers - when not climbing and clambering in the play structures themselves - can enjoy a tasty treat and hot drink from Hermit’s Café, which is located within the woodland playground.
Play Sessions at Hermit's Hollow
Two hour play sessions at Hermit’s Hollow will be £3.95 (adults and Under 2's go free) and can be booked online in advance or at the on-site kiosk. This new facility will complement the newly refurbished play area at the Visitor Centre, and the Climbing Forest which are both free to use. Book tickets online.
- Session times start at 10am, 12, 2pm and 4pm – if you arrive mid-session then you would still be expected to exit at the end of the session time.
- Parking is not included in the ticket price - see below for tariffs.
- If the car park is full but you've pre-booked Hermits Hollow, simply show your booking confirmation on entry to the park and the staff will allow you to drive in and park.
- Sorry no dogs are permitted inside Hermits Hollow.
- Find more FAQs here.
Hermits Hollow is based on a notable period of Coombe’s nearly 900-year history when it was the residence of Princess Elizabeth, daughter of King James I in the early 1600s.
During her time there, the princess was gifted an ‘island’ within the grounds where she ordered the creation of a cottage for a widow and her children, where fowls would be kept, and it was given the appearance of a type of building known as a hermitage.
The team at Coombe Abbey hope that Hermit’s Hollow will help to stir the imagination of children as well as offer plenty of ways to slide, climb and run around!
How to get there
Hermit's Hollow is located at the wonderful Coombe Abbey Park, which is the perfect place for a family day out, long walk, or a quiet picnic. It offers 500 acres of beautiful gardens, woodland, lakeside walks, and bird watching and has won many awards for its quality and excellence in management, conservation, visitor experience and education.
Car parking at Coombe Country Park is £3.50 for 2-4 hours, £5 for 4-24 hours.
Find out about Coombe Abbey Park's facilities and car parking charges here.
|Monday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Saturday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Sunday||10:00 - 18:00|