Coombe Abbey ParkParks & Walks
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Please note, the following restrictions still apply:
- The visitor centre is at present still closed. If you require any information please call the office on 02476 453720.
- The shop and information centre is at present closed so any purchases are made within the Café.
Coombe Abbey Park in Coventry
For a family day out, long walk, or a quiet picnic, visit Coombe Abbey Park. It offers 500 acres of beautiful gardens, woodland, lakeside walks, and bird watching and has won many awards for its quality and excellence in management, conservation, visitor experience and education.
Facilities at Coombe Abbey Park
Two purpose built play areas:
The fully enclosed Visitor Centre Play Area is suitable for children under 10, featuring:
- 4 toddler swings
- 2 junior swings
- Tall wooden castle-style climbing frame with bridge, slide and rope climb
- 2 Smaller wooden castle-style climbing frames with slide, rope climb and bridge
- 4 seater roundabout
- Birds nest swing
- Gravity bowl
The Climbing Forest Play Area is suitable for childrens 8 years and over. A more challenging and exciting play area with cargo nets and climbing posts surrounded by Coombe's woodland. Children under 15 must have adult supervision at all times.
- Open every day 10am to 4pm. Currently closed.
- Visit the Discovery Centre to find out more about the woodland, wetlands and grasslands of the park with our interactive exhibits for children.
- At the Information Desk you can pick up a map of the park, or one of our trail guides. Find out what you can see in the park today and you can ask the friendly members of staff for any information you need. Currently closed.
- The Gift shop has plenty of pocket-money-friendly toys, Coombe souvenirs, footballs, rounders sets and more. Currently closed.
Food and Drink at Coombe Abbey Park
- Cafe in the Park - operated by Coombe Abbey Hotel, the Cafe in the Park is licensed to serve alcohol and has an extensive menu, serving something for everyone to enjoy. There is a small play area inside the cafe to keep the little ones entertained. Menus can be found here.
- Kiosk in the Park - situated down at Top Pool Lodge.
- Picnic Areas - there are plenty of picnic benches all around the site.
- Ice Cream Outlet - As well as the café and kiosk in the park there is now an Ice cream outlet at the visitor centre.
- PLEASE NOTE! Barbeques are no longer allowed in any Coventry City Council Park or Green Space.
Public toilets are located at the Visitor Centre and the Top Pool. Baby change is in the disabled toilet on the outside of the visitor centre and the key can be obtained from the café.
Duck and Swan Feeding Area
A favourite for all ages both at the main lake and Top Pool. Duck and swan food is available from the café priced at £1 a bag.
Dog Walking at Coombe Abbey Park
This is a popular place for dog walking. Dog water stations and tether points are located on the outside of the Visitor Centre. Dogs must be on leads unless in an off lead designated area which is shown by way markers on site.
Trails and Walks
Accessible routes are marked in the Visitor Guide which you can download from from the link below , or you can contact the Visitor Centre for more information.
Cycling at Coombe Abbey Park
Cycling is welcomed at Coombe Park but please be respectful to other park users, especially young families. There are bike chains, a pump and tools outside the Visitor Centre in case any repairs are needed!
The accessible bird hide is a popular spot to watch birds all year round and view Warwickshire largest Heronry.
A sensory experience filled with the sights, smells and sounds of the flora and fauna from April to September.
Pond Dipping at Coombe Abbey Park
Bring a bucket and a fishing net to see what you can find with our identification boards
Permanent course on site. Orienteering maps (£1) available to buy from the Visitor Centre.
The car park is open from 5.00am to 8.00pm daily (you will still be able to exit the car park after this time)
Parking at Coombe Abbey Park
Car parks on site - charges apply please see below - card payment only (prices from 27 July 2019)
- Ten minutes drop off: Free
- Up to 1 hour: £1.00
- 1-2 hours: £3.00
- 2-4 hours: £3.50
- Day Ticket: £5.00
Download the Visitor Guide and Map for more information.